Automotive & Equipment Specialist (CDL).
Position Description: Clark County Water Reclamation District is currently recruiting for an Automotive & Equipment Specialist (CDL). This position performs technical and troubleshooting work in the maintenance and repair of automobiles, heavy and light trucks, construction equipment, other vehicles, small gasoline engines, stationary and similar equipment. This position also performs the most complex problem diagnosis and repair work and serves as the shop supervisor on a relief basis.
Typical duties include:
- Troubleshooting complex automotive problems on light, heavy and industrial vehicles, construction equipment and electric carts
- Diagnosing electrical repairs for vehicles and other industrial equipment
- Diagnosing diesel repairs for vehicles and other industrial equipment
- Maintaining records and estimating materials and supplies
- Serving as shop supervisor on a relief basis as a “lead” technician
Requirements: The ideal candidate will have:
- Graduated from high school or equivalent
- Seven (7) years of journey level experience in the maintenance and repair of vehicles and/or heavy construction equipment
- Successful completion of a recognized apprenticeship in the automotive trade may be substituted for four (4) years of the required experience. Attendance at a recognized trade school is desirable.
- Possession of a Commercial Driver's License and valid Nevada Class C Driver's License at time of appointment
- Possession of one ASE Light-Duty Technician Certification
- May require possession Class A license with appropriate endorsements to road test and operate heavy-duty vehicles and equipment
Compensation: The Automotive & Equipment Specialist (CDL) position has a starting salary of $45,156.80. Clark County Water Reclamation District offers a competitive compensation package:
- comprehensive group health insurance plan including medical, dental, vision and pharmacy
- group term life insurance
- long term disability coverage
- employer-paid PERS retirement
- deferred compensation plan participation
- participation in a FSA program to save for current and/or future health-related expenses
- longevity pay
Application Instructions: To apply visit our website www.cleanwaterteam.com. Applications will be accepted until position is filled.